This digital society that navigates in gigantic oceans of data needs technological innovation and professionals at the height. We are going through the so-called data revolution, an era starring a large volume of information that does not stop growing and in which new utilities and types of data constantly arise. For example, a large part of the population and machines are currently connected by IoT through multiple devices. Here comes the importance of Big Data.
Are we harnessing the potential of all this data? Are we generating value from them? To do this, we must continue to innovate in Big Data and train digital professionals who adapt to this paradigm shift and use mass data analysis in order to detect patterns, learn from experience and predict future situations to make strategic decisions.
“Big Data without Mysteries” and the advantages of data
Knowledgeable about this context, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has launched together with Telefónica the free online course “Big Data without Mysteries”, which will teach you the advantages of using Big Data, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence. The MOOC, which will start on February 14, uses video readings, theoretical foundations, methodologies and examples of real use cases for you to become an expert.
What will you learn in the course?
The course is divided into several topics and includes evaluated activities to test what you have learned. In addition, you will have the support of professionals from the team of data scientists and business experts from LUCA.
Check out the key points of what you will learn in “Big Data without Mysteries”:
- The main foundations of Big Data and the paradigm shift that is transforming organizations.
- Real examples of use cases.
- The components and phases of the large data processing methodology.
- What is data governance and what are the necessary elements to make it effective and efficient.
- What is advanced data analytics?
- What are the catalytic technologies of Big Data?
- The most effective data visualization tools to present the results to different audiences.
If you think it’s a good idea, you can register for free here.
On the other hand, if you have any questions or want to continue informing you about the course, you can go to this link.